Welcome to Giltner, Nebraska!
Small Town In The Center of It All!
Giltner is… Located in south central Nebraska, 3 miles south of I-80 between Grand Island and Aurora.
Giltner is… Home to approximately 375 households (around 600 residents).
Giltner is… A progressive, successful farming community. Giltner is defying the depopulation trend plaguing small, rural communities. We are active, growing, & thriving.
Giltner is… Aggressive about housing development. We’ll add 6-7 new homes by summer’s end with hopes of a 38 lot subdivision in the next 2-3 years.
Giltner is… Home of the Hornets! Giltner is proud of its outstanding school system. Many of the families enrolled are third generation, a few are even fourth. Giltner’s education system provides a solid education in a first-rate facility.
WORKING TODAY TO ENSURE THE FUTURE VITALITY
OF THE ENTIRE GILTNER AREA
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETINGS
- Giltner Town Board Meeting - 2nd Monday at 7 p.m.
- School Board - 2nd Monday at 7 p.m.
- Rural Fire Department - 1st Monday
- Giltner Area Development Corp - 1st Tuesday at 6:45 p.m.
- Lions Club - 1st Thursday
- January - GADC Chili Cook-Off (2nd Saturday)
- January - St. Josephs Catholic Church Senior Citizens Dinner
- February - United Methodist Church Valentine's Dinner (2nd Saturday)
- February - Lions Club Senior Citizens Dinner (April 11)
- April - Catholic Salad Supper
- May - Giltner High School Graduation (1st Sunday)
- May - Area Wide Clean Up Day (2nd Saturday)
- May - Alumni Banquet (Last Friday)
- July - Barbeque and Fireworks Sponsored by the Giltner Rural Fire Dept.
- September - Country Crafts and Friends (2nd & 3rd weekend)
- September - Autumn Fest (2nd Saturday)
- November - Country Crafts and Friends (2nd weekend)
- November - United Methodist Church Tour of Homes
Monthly Event - Senior Citizens Meeting (4th Tuesday at Noon at the Community Center. Lunch provided by Senior Center.)